[rt-users] Windows NT installation

Benjamin J Chapman benjamin-chapman at utulsa.edu
Thu Nov 29 23:00:02 EST 2001

On Thu, 29 Nov 2001, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> So, to the best of my knowledge, a port of RT to NT has never been attempted,
> but I don't know of anything that is actually unix specific in the code.
>
> Apache, mod_perl, mysql and DBD::mysql all run on NT.  I suspect that
> most of the work needed to do a port is actually in the installation tools.
>
> But no, I've not heard of any windows-based tool that's equivalent to RT.
>

> 	-j

Not free, but fairly cheap: <http://www.wonderdesk.com> It's written in
perl, with either a flat file ($499) or MySQL backend ($1,499). It seems
to have similar functionality to RT. It's not my intention to start a
discussion about whether it's better than RT or not.  I'm a *very* happy
RT user. I learned about wonderdesk only when the main campus help desk
chose to adopt it instead of RT, which I recommended.  Wonderdesk runs on
Win2K and Unix/Linux.

Thanks again for RT!

Ben

--