[rt-users] Integrating RT 2.x into an existing Virtual Host

Rich West Rich.West at wesmo.com
Mon Oct 8 11:23:41 EDT 2001

Not sure if anyone has tackled this one, but there was some resistance
here to use yet another host name for an administrative web site here.
 So, I managed to integrate the RT2.x installation into our current
administrative server by making some modifications to the current
Virtual Host installation, and I thought I would pass the configuration on.

Essentially, you have to specifiy Location directives for each of the
possible URL requests for RT2.

My resulting Virtual Hosts directive now includes:

PerlModule Apache::DBI
PerlFreshRestart On
PerlRequire /usr/rt2/bin/webmux.pl
Alias /rt2/ /usr/rt2/WebRT/html/
<Location /rt2/>
 SetHandler perl-script
 PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Location>
Alias /Ticket/ /usr/rt2/WebRT/html/Ticket/
<Location /Ticket/>
 SetHandler perl-script
 PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Location>
Alias /Admin/ /usr/rt2/WebRT/html/Admin/
<Location /Admin/>
 SetHandler perl-script
 PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Location>
Alias /Elements/ /usr/rt2/WebRT/html/Elements/
<Location /Elements/>
 SetHandler perl-script
 PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Location>
Alias /NoAuth/ /usr/rt2/WebRT/html/NoAuth/
<Location /NoAuth/>
 SetHandler perl-script
 PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Location>
Alias /Search/ /usr/rt2/WebRT/html/Search/
<Location /Search/>
 SetHandler perl-script
 PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Location>
Alias /SelfService/ /usr/rt2/WebRT/html/SelfService/
<Location /SelfService/>
 SetHandler perl-script
 PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Location>