[rt-users] Apache + mod_perl

Sheeri Kritzer skritz01 at emerald.tufts.edu
Wed Oct 17 15:48:37 EDT 2001

Rich,

I compiled apache successfully (twice) on Solaris 8.

I basically used the document at

http://www.delouw.ch/linux/apache.phtml

only slightly modified (ie, mm just Doesn't Work, don't bother installing
it)

You need to be careful, though, if you're not using the Sun (Forte) C
compiler.  I've run into a great deal of trouble there.  I have also run
into trouble, along those same lines, with my build of perl -- perl
expected the compiler to be cc (sun's Forte C compiler), and so whenever I
did "perl Makefile.PL" as with mod_perl, I got some funky errors.

Our solution temporarily is to rebuild perl to recognize gcc.  However, in
the long term, we're buying the license for the $#!$@$# compiler.

Sheeri Kritzer
Systems Administrator
University Systems Group