[fwd] Re: [rt-users] Apache + mod_perl (from: Rich.West at wesmo.com)

Jesse Vincent jesse at bestpractical.com
Wed Oct 17 22:35:43 EDT 2001

----- Forwarded message from Rich West <Rich.West at wesmo.com> -----

Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2001 19:44:51 -0400
From: Rich West <Rich.West at wesmo.com>
To: Jesse Vincent <jesse at bestpractical.com>
Subject: Re: [rt-users] Apache + mod_perl

FastCGI works like a champ, minus the RT graphic (odd - I wonder why
that is the case.. I don't know enough (yet) about fastcgi).

The key is that you also need to install the perl module "FCGI" from
cpan.  Outside of that, there isn't anything else.

It is *extremely* straightforward and does run happily as a DSO.

Of course, I tested this on my linux systems.  I won't be able to test
this until tomorrow under Solaris.

Anyhow, the full out procedure is:
o Use CPAN to install "FCGI".
o Download http://www.fastcgi.com/dist/mod_fastcgi.tar.gz
o Decompress it.
o Build as a DSO via: apxs -o mod_fastcgi.so -c *.c
o Fix the permissions via: chmod 755 mod_fastcgi.so
o Install the compiled DSO via: cp mod_fastcgi.so
/apache_install/modules/mod_fastcgi.so
o Update your httpd.conf file to include "LoadModule fastcgi_module
 modules/mod_fastcgi.so"
o Also add: "AddModule mod_fastcgi.c"
o Add "ScriptAlias / /usr/rt2/bin/mason_handler.fcgi/"
o Restart the webserver.

Done.

:-)

-Rich