[rt-users] feature request

Teo de Hesselle teo.dehesselle-BROKENADDRESS at uts.edu.au
Sun Oct 28 01:40:16 EDT 2001

Eric Fisher wrote:

> Does anybody know of a shortcut around setting up a one-time use CC or
> is this something that I'll have to ask for in a future version?  As I'm
> new to the structure of RT2, if I were to do this myself, where should I
> look to be able to modify both the GUI and the beavior of the mailer?

We have one group who does a lot of this - we basically did this:

Copy WebRT/Ticket/Update.html and Display.html to the local directory,
then add the Element 'EditPeople' into the html code of your 'local' copy:

$ diff Update.html /usr/local/rt2/WebRT/html/Ticket/Update.html
62,64d61
< <& /Elements/TitleBoxEnd &>
< <& /Elements/TitleBoxStart, title => 'People',width => "100%", color=>
"#333399" &>
< <& Elements/EditPeople, Ticket => $Ticket, UserField => $UserField,
UserString => $UserString, UserOp => $UserOp &>
67d63
<
114,116d109
< $UserField => undef
< $UserOp => undef
< $UserString => undef

Then, add the update logic into the INIT section of the Display.html:

$ diff Display.html /usr/local/rt2/WebRT/html/Ticket/Display.html
133,135d132
< my @wresults = ProcessTicketWatchers( TicketObj => $Ticket, ARGSRef =>
\%ARGS);
< push @Actions, @wresults;

We further customised our Ticket/Elements/EditPeople page, so that in
addition to two text input forms, we also have a Select for commonly used
addresses.

--
Téo de Hesselle,               \  One possible reason that things
Unix Systems Administrator      \  aren't going according to plan