[rt-users] Two questions, timezone and manpages

Feargal Reilly feargal at thecia.ie
Tue Sep 4 11:35:36 EDT 2001

Patrik Wallstrom <pawal at blipp.com> wrote:

PW> On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, Rob Mitzel wrote:
PW>
PW> > Hey everyone, two quick questions here.
PW> >
PW> > 1) I'm running FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE.  When I actually run the makes on RT,
PW> > everything goes fine, except for some reason, pod2man craps out on the
PW> > manpage creation.  It's always done this, except I had never really been
PW> > concerned about it. :)  Always says there's nothing in there.  Any ideas?
PW>
PW> I just made an installation on a RH6.2-box, and saw the same
PW> pod2man-errors. Didn't care to check it though. Version 2.0.6.

FWIW, I've been aware of the problem, and had fixed a few in the past for Jesse.
The problem is caused by the lack of some of the expected pod headers.

I never did get around to fixing the rest of them, but if you want to fix some, have  a look at the pod2man manpage, it gives diagnostics for most of the error messages.
IIRC mostly it's a case of copying some headers from the bottom of the file, and moving them to the top.

--
Feargal Reilly,
Systems Administrator,