[rt-users] belaboring a point

Simon Thornington thorns at openface.ca
Tue Sep 4 16:37:51 EDT 2001

Sorry if this is a repeat, I can't seem to find whether I sent this
already.

We have Apache running as nobody, the kernel has suid shell scripting
disabled, and I have built a version of perl that has suidperl/suid
emulation enabled.  However, the only way I can get this all to work with
mod_perl is to have the server running as the rt user.  Is there any way
to have the server running as nobody, and the mod_perl stuff to have suit
rt for the scripting?  (I don't think there is, I just want to make sure)

Also, as a corollary, anyone have an example of the apache config for a
WebRT running is a plain-jane suidperl CGI script and/or a suEXEC CGI
script?

Thanks,

Simon.