[rt-users] user passwords

Teo de Hesselle teo.dehesselle at uts.edu.au
Wed Sep 5 20:39:01 EDT 2001

Patrik Wallstrom wrote:

> Are the user passwords compatible with my /etc/passwd passwords?
> I am writing a simple script to synchronize my rt-users with an ldap store
> that has my unix passwords. Trivial, but not so trivial if the passwords
> are not compatible. :)

Re-write the password checking in WebRT/html/autohandler - that way you
don't get the ugly apache auth windows, and get the RT dialog instead.

We have nice LDAP auth working this way :)

--
Téo de Hesselle,                   | Kites rise highest against
Unix Systems Administrator         | the wind -- not with it.

University of Technology, Sydney   |       -- Winston Churchill