[rt-users] v2.0.6 Browser caching problems

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Thu Sep 6 10:43:38 EDT 2001

On Thursday, September 06, 2001 10:22:46 -0400, Vivek Khera
<khera at kcilink.com> wrote:
+-----
| DF> We seem to have a problem where when we click on links we are
| DF> getting cached versions of the pages, and have to hit F5 to
| DF> refresh (IE 5.5).
|
| This would be a brower bug.  It works properly in Netscape and KDE's
+--->8

IE5.5 also has an annoying tendency to "fake" POST operations and instead
return to cached pages; we see this a lot with IE5.5 and RT1.  Backlevel to
5.01 if you must use IE.

brandon s. allbery  [os/2][linux][solaris][freebsd]   allbery at kf8nh.apk.net
system administrator   [JAPH][WAY too many hats]        allbery at ece.cmu.edu
electrical and computer engineering                                   KF8NH
carnegie mellon university     [linux: proof of the million monkeys theory]