[rt-users] v2.0.6 Browser caching problems

Benjamin Boksa b.boksa at sidebysite.de
Thu Sep 6 11:09:08 EDT 2001

Hi Derek!

I had the same problem on several webpages I made when IE 5.5 came out.

I solved it in a very simple way: I just send an expiration date with the
http-header which is some years in the past. You can do this with mod_perl
or by putting:

<META HTTP-EQUIV="expires" CONTENT="Wed, 26 Feb 1997 08:21:57 GMT">

in the HTML-code.

That should fix the problem with IE 5.5, as it forces the browser to reload
the page every time the page is visited.

I hope this helped you solve your problem.

Regards,

Benjamin Boksa

> Hi there,
>
> We seem to have a problem where when we click on links we are getting cached
> versions of the pages, and have to hit F5 to refresh (IE 5.5).
>
> Is there some sort of setting within RT (or Apache) we can set to stop this
> happening?
>
> Regards,
>
> Derek...

> *********
> except where the sender states them to be the views of Foreshore Limited.
>
> This e-mail is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is
> addressed and contains information that is private and confidential. If
> you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any
> dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If you
> have received this e-mail in error please delete it immediately and
> advise us by return e-mail to hostmaster at foreshore.net

Benjamin Boksa
b.boksa at sidebysite.de

side by site GmbH & Co. KG