[rt-users] Problem Associating New Mail with existing tickets

George Warnagiris gwarnagiris at BabcockBrown.com
Thu Sep 20 13:54:00 EDT 2001

Dear RT Users,

I am running RT 2.0.6 and it seems to be working flawlessly, with the
exception that it does not associate new email (with exact subject lines) to
existing tickets.

If I send an email to RT and myself with the subject "Help", then 'reply to
all' with the subject "RE: Help", RT starts a new ticket instead of grouping
it with the existing instance.  I thought this was a problem with my
config.pm and/or $rtname, but all seems in order as indicated by the
documentation.  Has anyone seen this problem before?

We are on the verge of rolling out RT2 to our international support group,
but of course we are not able to do that until we clear this matter.

Thanks for your help,
George Warnagiris
Network Administrator
Babcock & Brown LP

Debian PPC - 2.2.17
Apache - 1.3.19
MySQL - 3.23.33
All perl modules as required by 'make testdeps'

This email message may contain information that is confidential and
proprietary to Babcock & Brown or a third party.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy the original and
any copies of the original message.  Babcock & Brown takes measures to
protect the content of its communications.  However, Babcock & Brown cannot
guarantee that email messages will not be intercepted by third parties or
that email messages will be free of errors or viruses.