[rt-users] complete RT on Solaris

Teo de Hesselle teo.dehesselle at uts.edu.au
Thu Sep 20 23:06:07 EDT 2001

Matt Disney wrote:

> Yes, that's exactly what I'm doing. As I understand it, the greater
> challenge is running the various components of RT on _different_
> hosts, although I haven't gone that direction.

Due to the extreme memory bloat of RT2, I had to move the webserver to a
seperate host - this hasn't been a problem whatsoever.

Lazy bastard steps for moving RT webserver: (hopefully this will be handy
for people who need multiple webservers, or something...)

 - Compile everything on new webserver - perl, apache, mod_perl, whatever
else cranks your dial - I use mod_ssl because I'm paranoid.
 - Do a make fixdeps and then install the stubborn ones by hand.
 - Copy your entire rt tree onto new webserver
 - Modify config.pm to use the old host as the mysql host
 - Set up mysql to allow access from new webserver... this is a
bitch.       You'll enjoy this. Test it by telnetting to the mysql host on
port
   3306.
 - Set up the new apache config file to use an rt virtual host.

 That's it.

--
Téo de Hesselle,                 | One possible reason that things
Unix Systems Administrator       | aren't going according to plan
                                 | is that there never was a plan
University of Technology, Sydney | in the first place.