[rt-users] Help - MySQL Problems

Derek Fage derek.fage at foreshore.net
Sat Sep 22 10:42:40 EDT 2001

Hi there,

I know this is a bit off-topic, but I tried joining the lists.mysql.com and
posting there and it appears to be off the air at the moment.

I thought I'd try this list (as it's my rt2 mysql database that is
affected).

I was trying to modify webmin to enable me to use it to manage mysql and I
think I might have modified the root password.

I've now spent about 3 hours trawling through the archives and trying all
sorts of things, but whatever I do I cannot get into mysql as root (I've
attached sample errors at the end).

I'm currently running with --skip-grant-tables, but I still cannot access
mysql

I'd _really_ appreciate some help here as it's a lovely Saturday afternoon
at 15:45 here, and I don't want to be here!

Many thanks in advance to whoever can shed some light on these problems,

Regards,

Derek...

except where the sender states them to be the views of Foreshore Limited.

This e-mail is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is
addressed and contains information that is private and confidential. If
you are not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any
dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail in error please delete it immediately and
advise us by return e-mail to hostmaster at foreshore.net