[rt-users] Stripping off subdomains in $email

Ashley Gould agould at aslab.com
Wed Sep 26 21:46:31 EDT 2001

Phone in requestor gives me an email address of user at panky.edu and then
tries to reply to RT with a 'From:' of user at hanky.panky.edu.  RT
correctly seys "Permission denied".

I suppose this host has miconfigured its mail server or UMA.  I'm
encountering quite a lot of these.  Non the less, I have to dig these up
out of a backup email account and enter them as a comment to the ticket.

My options:
1) change user's email to user at hanky.panky.edu
2) edit config.pm::CanonicalizeAddress ->

Option 1) is tedious and may fail if there is no dns for hanky.panky.edu
	  or if user emails from multiple hosts
Option 2) fails for any valid three part email addresses in the system

Do I have any other options?  My perl is juvinile but improving.

Or at least can I tweek RT to notify me when someone's email is not
accepted?

ashley