[rt-users] Connect Failed Access denied for user

Boyko Dimitrov bdimitrov at advantageds.com
Mon Apr 1 17:45:21 EST 2002

Well looking in config.pm did solve my problem. I change the password in
MySQL to the one in config.pm and the installation completed with the only
complaint for /var/log/rt2 not existing. I created it and ran "make install"
again no errors.

This raises a question however. Should RT create all user/groups it needs
during the install process. I had to create rt_user manually and edit it's
privileges as well, including the directory above that finally solved my
problem. Also the initial password I entered for rt_user should have been
saved at the very beginning.