[rt-users] Upgrade to 2.0.13 .. step by step?

Smylers smylers at gbdirect.co.uk
Wed Apr 3 07:24:50 EST 2002

On Monday RT2 Troubles wrote:

> So here's what I can gather for instructions on upgrading 2.0.11 to
> 2.0.13 and I'd like some feedback before I go ahead and try it:
>
> Download the rt.tar.gz
> tar xzvf rt.tar.gz
> cd rt-2-0-13
> vi Makefile
>   - change all options that are different on your install
> cp /path/to/rt2/etc/config.pm /etc/config.pm.backup
> make upgrade
> vi /path/to/rt2/etc/config.pm
>   - reconfig based on the old backed up config

In case the database has changed you also need to do this:

  /path/to/rt2/etc/insertdata 2.0.11

Note that the version number you type there is that which you are
upgrading _from_.

> /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd restart
>
> Done?

Restarting 'Apache' isn't good enough (see many, many responses to other
questions on this list as to why[*0]), so you need:

  /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd stop
  /etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd start

[*0]  I'm only repeating the answer here cos the above list looked quite
good otherwise, it's a useful thing to have in the archives, and it
wouldn't be good for it to be archived with

> No stopping of services, no recompliing of Perl, no dependency
> hunting?  Could it be that easy?

Almost.

Smylers
--