[rt-users] Inbound email permissions problem

Gary Stainburn gary.stainburn at ringways.co.uk
Wed Apr 3 09:13:24 EST 2002

On Tuesday 26 March 2002 12:51 pm, Smylers wrote:
> Earlier I wrote:
> >   system_aliases:
> >     driver = aliasfile
> >     file_transport = address_file
> >     pipe_transport = address_pipe
> >     file = /etc/aliases
> >     search_type = lsearch
> >   # user = list
> >
> > I tried adding this:
> >
> >     user = nobody
>
> I meant:
>
>     user = nobody
>     group = rt
>
> Ooops.
>
> > It then started working, so I didn't bother investigating it any
> > further!
>
> Smylers

I both the system_aliases, and address_pipe, I've mail, nobody, and rt as the
user and mail, nobody, rt, rtowner as the group all to no avail.

The problem is I don't even know at which point it's getting the 'Permission
Denied' problem.

Is it within Exim, Exim calling rt-mailgate, or within rt-mailgate.

Does anyone know how to turn on some debugging within Exim and rt-mailgate to
try to sort out the probem?

--
Gary Stainburn