[rt-users] prebuilt schema

Kris krisa at subtend.net
Fri Apr 5 06:33:56 EST 2002

Hello rt users!

So, I'm trying to present RT to management as a candidate for the IT
departments trouble ticketing system.

They seem to be set on using bugzilla, but I have this itch that
bugzilla doesn't work optimally for generic everyday IT issues (no
software development at all).  So I'm setting them both up in a sand-box
to test both rt2 and bugzilla out.

I finally have rt running (after I munged my perl installation a couple
times).  But I noticed that it comes with a clean slate.

I don't want to spend hours building queues and users and engineering
the whole notification and escalation process if this is only going to
be a demo, and a demo that could very well be quickly tossed out in
favor of a bugzilla implementation.

My question.  Are there any schema's out there, prebuilt?  Maybe a
rtadmin script that builds a generic little TT system?  With this, I can
get a quick and dirty system going so I can hopefully become an rt user
and start engineering a customized solution.

--
I'm just a packet pusher.