[rt-users] Short URLs for Tickets and Queues

Smylers smylers at gbdirect.co.uk
Tue Apr 9 11:28:46 EDT 2002

Bruce Campbell wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Apr 2002, Smylers wrote:
>
> >   RewriteRule ^/([0-9]+)$ /Ticket/Display.html?id=$1
>
> Remember to finish processing the request, with 'last rule' afterwards,
> eg:
>
>   RewriteRule ^/([0-9]+)$ /Ticket/Display.html?id=$1 [L]
>   RewriteRule ^/([^/.]+)$ /Search/Listing.html?ShowQueue=$1 [L]

I had those "[L]"s in originally, then I took them out when I realized
they weren't doing anything -- the rules have to be in the order they
are so that ticket numbers don't get caught as queue names initially.
But once a ticket number has been rewritten to the full
/Ticket/Display.html URL, it's got a slash in it so won't match the
second rule anyway.

So I don't think it makes a lot of difference either way.  In theory
it's better to leave them out, as it means that any further rewriting
that somebody was doing to an explicit ticket or search URL will still
happen to a shortcut-rewritten URL ...

Cheers.

Smylers
--