[rt-users] notify owners on assignment

Smylers smylers at gbdirect.co.uk
Thu Apr 11 10:23:08 EDT 2002

Adrian 'Dagurashibanipal' von Bidder wrote:

> I'm in the process of installing request tracker at my company. We plan
> to have one person responsible for receiving the tickets and assining
> them to the relevant person, so not everybody has to deal with all the
> mails, and the 'I'm sure somebody else will handle it' game can't be
> played.
>
> afaics, the new owner of a ticket is not notified. How do I handle this?

You want to notify on the owner changing?  You want the OnOwnerChange
ScripCondition:

  http://www.fsck.com/pub/rt/contrib/2.0/OwnerChange/

> (oh, yes: request-tracker 2.0.11, from the Debian package).

How long's that been out?  I specifically looked for it quite recently,
and found separate packages called request-tracker and webrt, each of
which were only version 1.

Smylers
--
GBdirect