[rt-users] Forking a new ticket from a correspondance

Mathieu Dubé­Dallaire mathieu.dube at opal-rt.com
Fri Apr 5 09:33:26 EST 2002

Hello,

We are currently implementing RT as a technical support tracker and find it
very nice and flexible. Furthermore, development seems rather active. There
are however some issues we were wondering about.

- Is it possible to fork a new ticket from a correspondance. Sometimes, a
requestor will use a previous message (or ticket-stub) to submit a new
request. It would then be desirable to fork a new ticket from this
crrespondance instead of adding it to the previous ticket. Sort of an inverse
merge.

- Additionnaly, is it possible to delete an action or correspondance from a
ticket. In the example above deleting the correspondance (or at least
disabling it) in the previous ticket would be helpfull to alleviate clutter.

I took a look at the FAQ and bug report (for wishlist items) and couldn't find
anything on this.

Thank you,

Mathieu
--
   ./ Mathieu Dubé-Dallaire, B.Eng. \_______________________________
   |  Application Consultant / Consultant en applications           |