[rt-users] Admin ticket assignment depending on date.

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Mon Apr 15 10:27:12 EDT 2002

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, asfdqwer xzcvdsf wrote:

>    What would be the best way to setup automatic
> assignment to tickets that were created through
> email, sent to the general queue?

There are three methods.  The first one is to use the existing
RT::Action::AutoAssign scrip which Feargal wrote
(http://www.fsck.com/pub/rt/contrib/2.0).  This assigns it to a random
person.

The second one is to use the RT::Action::AutoTake scrip which I sent to
rt-devel a few moments ago (with the incorrect name the first time).
This effectively gives the Ticket to the first privileged user who voices
an opinion about the Ticket.

The third solution is to write your own varient, possibly starting with
the AutoAssign and making it read a file to get the name of the user to
assign it to.

Regards,

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B                      Operations