[rt-users] RT to go? Dependency graphs?

Matt Disney matthew.disney at fedex.com
Mon Apr 15 13:34:31 EDT 2002

Johan,

I've got nothing on number 1.

For number 2, however, you may be interested in looking at the DTRT
stuff in the contrib/rt-addons area. More specifically:
http://www.fsck.com/pub/rt/contrib/2.0/rt-addons/DTRT .  This is some
work Jesse has done on a project management interface/extension to
RT2.  Although it's not exactly what you're looking for, I've used it
as a great starting point to build an interface that lists all the
requests in a queue that are of "type" 'project' (as opposed to
'ticket') and then show the children of each of those 'project'
requests. Jesse already has the part done to display one at a time, I
just had to modify it a little bit to get exactly what I want.

However, there isn't any act-or-restrict-based-on-dependency
functionality in RT2.0, as far as I know. So, you may be able to view
your dependencies for a ticket in hierarchical fashion, but without
extending RT2.0 you won't be able to say "don't resolve a ticket
dependent on another unless the depended-upon ticket is also resolved"
or anything like that. But, if your group is relatively good at
following business rules, that may not be an issue.

Jesse has said that RT2.2 will have some workflow enhancements.  It may
be that RT2.2 will have exactly what you're looking for, but I'm not
sure about that.

Let me know if any of this doesn't make sense or if you would like
additional information on my experiences playing around with DTRT and
so forth. And my apologies in advance if I've misrepresented anyone or
anything in this email. :-)

Matt