[rt-users] RT to go? Dependency graphs?

Patrick De Muynck patrick at dreamtech.gr
Tue Apr 16 07:34:34 EDT 2002

I am also interested in this feature.

In our case, we consider to offer a "read-only" RT system,
which will be accessible to our customers via Internet.
More precisely, that system will be web-housed at an
ISP, whereas the "read-write" RT system will be in
our company network (the company network is connected
to Internet via dial-on-demand).

IMO MySQL replication should not be any problem.
Not that I am a MySQL expert but I just had a look at the documentation :

http://www.mysql.org/documentation/mysql/bychapter/manual_MySQL_Database_Administration.html#Replication

One-way replication (since  MySQL 3.23.15) should suffice for our needs...
Moreover, the Q&A says:

 Q: Does the slave need to be connected to the master all the time?

  A: No, it does not. You can have the slave go down or stay disconnected for hours or even days,
  then reconnect, catch up on the updates, and then disconnect or go down for a while again.

Comments are welcome.

Personally I will have to wait for some time until I can try out
such a set up (waiting for another machine).  If anybody tries out
something similar I would love to hear about it.

Regards,

Patrick De Muynck, CCIE
DreamTech -- Athens