[rt-users] "Forward" to 3rd party patch

Jan Okrouhly okrouhly at civ.zcu.cz
Thu Apr 18 04:31:22 EDT 2002

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, Scott A. McIntyre wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > > able to find the RT::Conditition::Forward module)
> >
> > Isn't here missing something like insert_condition_OnForward.pl
> > containing something like (taken from my own very similar version, so
> > letter-case can be different;-):
> >
> > my @ScripConditions = (
> >                        {
> >                         Name => 'OnForward',
> >                         Description =>  'When a message is forwarded',
> >                         ApplicableTransTypes =>  'Forward',
> >                         ExecModule => 'AnyTransaction',
> >                        },
> >
> >                       );
> >

> Yeah, already done that -- but my assumption here is that this is really
> only necessary if you have a Scrip Action that invokes a Condition.  The
> patch didn't include a specific perl module for forwarding, but I see
> you're tying things together a bit differently.
>
> I used:
>
> my @ScripConditions = (
>                        {
>                         Name => 'OnForward',
>                         Description =>  'Forwarding to third party',
>                         ApplicableTransTypes =>  'AnyTransaction',
>                         ExecModule => 'Forward',
>                        },

Yup! I think you've found it!

Simon's condition is "applicable" to any transaction and tries to call
unexisting (at least in his pretty nice patch) module Forward.pm.

He does add to Jesse's transactions a new one, called Forward:
my ($Trans, $Msg, $TransObj) = $self->_NewTransaction( Type => 'Forward',

BTW...I did the same...

But my condition is them "applicable" only to Transaction Type 'Forward'
and clearly executes existing (nearly void) module AnyTransaction...

> Which basically reversed the last two items.  Perhaps I mis-read the
> original post...
>
> Thanks for the potential clue!
>
> Scott

Jan Okrouhly
Laboratory for Computer Science             |    phone: (420 19) 7491588
University of West Bohemia                  | location: Univerzitni 22
Americka 42, 306 14 Pilsen, Czech Republic  |     room: UI404