[rt-users] ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs and IsRTAddress()

Phil Homewood pdh at snapgear.com
Mon Apr 22 22:52:46 EDT 2002

OK, so $BOSS wants to enable ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs. We
have a lot of addresses that forward into RT, and maintaining
IsRTAddress() to know about them all is infeasible. (Specially
when at least one customer has a tracking address that also
forwards back to our RT system....)

What I'm wondering is... is the big warning about not updating
IsRTAddress really still relevant? Surely if you send a message
to RT CC'ed to another RT address, any correspondence back out
from RT will have the X-RT-Loop-Prevention header in place, in
which case RT::Email::CheckForLoops() should squelch any reply
bombs?

Or am I missing something fundamental here?