[rt-users] Automated user login creating

Ian D ian at assv.net
Tue Apr 23 05:08:06 EDT 2002

"Harald Wagener" <hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com> writes:

> foreach $entry ($mesg->all_entries){
>      $ref = $entry->get_value( 'employeeNumber' );
>      if($ref){
>          push @users, $entry->get_value('uid');
>      }
> }
>

> Am I right in assuming that empoyeeNumber is part of Your ldap schema?
> Is this Your primary key? If yes, is it safe to change it to our
> primary key? Does the script expect any arguments?

Yes, employeeNumber is an attribute we have for separating people
actually working here with ones in the LDAP database for other
purposes (webhosting, CVS access et c). It should be portable
enough. The script doesn't expect any arguments (it just loops through
all posixAccount's, looks at the employeeNumber attribute, sees that
one's there and pushes to the users-stack)

It's fugly code that I slapped together by looking at the `rt' script
provided and reading some Net::LDAP code, but it works. I forgot to
license it, so I have no idea if it's BSD or GPL. Just give me some
credit in it and I'll be happy.

--
/Ian D
ian at assv.net - www.assv.net