[rt-users] https bug

darren chamberlain darren at boston.com
Wed Apr 24 10:39:23 EDT 2002

* Smylers <smylers at gbdirect.co.uk> [2002-04-24 10:21]:
> darren chamberlain wrote:
> > Simply remove the scheme from $WebBaseURL, and begin it with "//"; the
> > browser will use the scheme of the overall page.  For example:
> >
> >   $WebBaseURL = "//rt.whereIam.com";
>
> That still won't work in e-mails.

It will work for every called link within an HTML page as requested from
a browser.  Modify the piece that is writing the email body to prepend
http: (i.e., "http:$WebBaseURL"), and then you solve the (bigger)
problem of mixed schemes within a page.  I assume that we're talking
about Scrip templates, so the change mentioned above need only be made
in a few localized places.

(darren)

--
The moment one gives close attention to anything, even a blade of
grass, it becomes a mysterious, awesome, indescribably magnificent