[rt-users] keyword selects

Eric Goodman ericg at cats.ucsc.edu
Wed Apr 24 19:31:26 EDT 2002

I think it is very important to clarify in the keywords discussion
this difference between keywords containing a slash ("Priority/High",
"Priority/Medium", "Priority/Low") -- which appear to almost always
be errors -- and a keyword hierarchy (as in "Priority" == parent of
"High", "Medium" and "Low"). Perhaps even go so far as to disallow
the "/" in the keywords.

This distinction is made very well in the Keyword-howto doc
referenced by Camron, but isn't clear in the RT/FM docs. For
experienced users I'm sure this is clear, but as someone just getting
acquainted with RT2, it took a while of playing before I noticed that
clicking the keyword was different than clicking the "edit" link next
to it.

--- Eric

--
Eric Goodman                  | "The opinions expressed by Eric do not
Workstation Support Group     |  represent the opinions of anyone who