[rt-users] keywords or external database??

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Fri Apr 26 10:33:12 EDT 2002

On Wed, 24 Apr 2002, Jesse Peterson wrote:

> I want to be able to easily attach Customer Information (name, acct number)
> to tickets - so it needs to be a drop down menu/list box when I'm done. I

[snippery]

Possibly if you can import a table from your prime server into your RT
database in such a way that you can have a unique customer number as the
'id' field, you could have an RT::MyCustomers module (which has functions
to list customer information), and an extra field in the Tickets table to
refer to this id.

> The problem I'm having is that I haven't been able to find info or examples
> of how I would do this. I don't mind pushing a table down to RTs db server
> from my MSSQL server where the Customer database exists.

For the latter item, I'm currently doing up a tutorial that covers (among
other things[1]) adding extra fields to Tables and how to address/set them
which may help you.  For the former, I'd suggest at the moment looking at
how, say, RT::Transaction and RT::Transactions work.

Yay, its finally mentioned in the footer ;)

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B                      Operations

[1] setting keywords based on SpamAssassin output, what fun.