[rt-users] Breakage on concurrent access?

Robin Lee Powell rlpowell at digitalkingdom.org
Fri Apr 26 21:44:29 EDT 2002

On Fri, Apr 26, 2002 at 06:32:09PM -0700, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> So, I seem to have caused myself the same problem as described in
>
> http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-users/2002-January/006217.html
>
> (to wit: When logged in to a non-privileged account, I can see my list
> of open & new tickets, but none of the links from the page seem to work.
> If I  click on *any* link on the page, it changes the URL, but the same
> page displays.)
>
> and in an apparently similar way: I was logged in to a particular
> non-privledged accont at the same time as someone else.
>
> This user account is now completely broken.

Sorry to self-reply, but more details:

1.  At least on other non-privledged account, which existed before this
happened, is broken in the same way.

2.  Even for root, the logout button doesn't work.

3.  Most disturbingly, and this is really wierd:

    Logged in as non-privledged user 'b' (i.e. not the one that caused
    this, call em 'a').

    Hit *any* button, including logout, return to main window, which
    shows 3 tickets to me.

    *BUT*, hit 'Open requests', see the one request that was open to 'b'
    at the time the badness started, which has *since*been*closed*.

Boggle.

So, at this point, I'm just wondering how to wipe the RT database and
restart, because while it seems to me that RT breaks when multiple
people access the same account at the same time, I'm not sure that's
really a *bad* thing.  8)

Complete system information upon request, but the short version is this
is a *brand* new FreeBSD machine, latest everything.

-Robin

--
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ 	BTW, I'm male, honest.
le datni cu djica le nu zifre .iku'i .oi le so'e datni cu to'e te pilno