[rt-users] self-spawning tickets

Andy Moran andy at wildbrain.com
Mon Apr 29 15:27:51 EDT 2002

Yes!

Originally I had thought: no. It was one of the first things I checked.
For reach mail alias we have, the message goes into a log as well as
into RT:

swhelp:
"/usr/local/rt2.0.13/logs/software_correspondence.log","|/usr/local/rt2.0.13/bin/rt-mailgate --queue software --action correspond"

I figured that if the mailserver were trying to deliver it over and over
again, it would show up multiple times in the
"software_correspondence.log"..   But looking at the actual mailqueue on
the local system, there are messages still stuck in there and they look
to be related to the spawning tickets.

According to the mailq statement:

g3RFKOGM016500   147073 Sat Apr 27 08:20 <[clipped]>
            (mailer prog died with signal 11)
             "|/usr/local/rt2.0.13/bin/rt-mailgate
                Total requests: 2

So I guess my next question is :  why is the mailgate dying on signal 11
on messages with attachments?

--Andy

p.s.  THanks Robin!  I thought I had that covered but apparently not.