[rt-users] Problems installing rt-tracker dependencies (and thanks Phil)

seph seph at commerceflow.com
Thu Aug 1 15:31:29 EDT 2002

>   Thanks to Phil for the response.  Yeah i did have a typo.
>   Unfortunately, it looks like i was installing it on the wrong
>   debian system (an older one), and now i'm installing it on the new
>   stable version of debian (woody).

Oh good, rt is much much easier to install onto woody (or more recent
things)

>   Anyway, i have to go back one step now and i can't seem to get two
>   perl modules installed properly: DBD::Pg and Apache::Cookie

that's probably cause you didn't install all the right debian
packages.  There's an article in rtfm
(http://www.fsck.com/rtfm/article.html?id=52) that covers setting rt
up on woody. it's easy, as everything you need is prepackaged.

>   I tried installing them using the perl CPAN tool and it didn't
>   work.

I would never do this. I find CPAN and debian not to play very nicely
together, CPAN has always just broken my debian perl. and really, with
the dh-make-perl package why would you muck with cpan directly?

seph