[rt-users] Message Attachments not being delivered

Phil Dibowitz phil at streamexchange.com
Thu Aug 1 19:13:20 EDT 2002

Robert Spier wrote:

> Phil Dibowitz writes:
>
>>When responding to a customer through RT, sometimes we need to attach
>>things. But it seems that when we do, they don't get emailed. They DO
>>show up in RT under the list of emails that have been sent back in
>>forth - but when the email is delivered, it has no attachment.
>>

> RT does not pass attachments by default.
>
> There is an Action in http://www.fsck.com/pub/rt/contrib/2.0/ called
> NotifyWithAttachment that will let you pass them on.  It may need some
> custom tweaking for your particular needs - I know I've modified it
> substantially for my needs.

What fun.

OK, I'm browsing the docs at fsck.com and I can't find the part about
installing new Actions... I remember seeing it, but I can't find it. Ontop of
that, the readme that comes with NotifyWithAttachement contains NO install or
usage instructions. Yeah.

So can someone point me to the appropriate docs on how to install a new
Action? I've never needed a non-standard action until now.

Also, Robert, what did you modify? All I want is that attachements end up
getting sent in emails to users. Period. I can't think of anything else it
could/should/might do... and if it doesn't do that, what DOES it do? Have you
considered sending in your changes/enhancements to the author?

Phil
--
Systems Administrator
Stream Exchange