[rt-users] How to start RT in web interface

Odhiambo Washington wash at wananchi.biz
Tue Aug 6 05:55:54 EDT 2002

* Addison RT <rt_addison at yahoo.com> [20020806 05:30]: wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I spent more than two weeks to config the web interface.
> I failed to start the web page of RT as : http://rt.addison1.addisonworld.com.us/rt2/
>
> Can anyone give me a checklist of the related variables for the
> above hostname & domain name in both 'config.pm' and 'httpd.conf'?

Hello Addison,

Normally, you'd follow this tutorial:

http://www.fsck.com/rtfm/article.html?id=2#94

..but in yor situation, you need to modify the zone file for addisonworld.com.us to
have an entry for rt.

rt.addison1	IN CNAME the_DNS_name_of_server_rt_is_running_on

# ndc reload

That is one of the steps, obviously not the first. It was my last after I
configured everything.

Running RT as  http://rt.addison1.addisonworld.com.us/rt2/ would mean that
there is already a web server handling addison1.addisonworld.com.us, yes???
Then I really don't see any point why you'd want /rt2.
Wait.. I am confused here. You can have either rt.domain.name or
domain.name/rt2 but not both at the same time (I guess).

FIRST, your domain addisonworld.com.us _MUST_ be in DNS!! Right now it is NOT!!

If you post the errors you get, then you can get more help.

        cheers
       - wash
Odhiambo Washington, wash at wananchi.com	. WANANCHI ONLINE LTD (Nairobi, KE)  |
http://ns2.wananchi.com/~wash/		. 1ere Etage, Loita Hse, Loita St.,  |
GSM: (254) 722 743 223			. # 10286, 00100 NAIROBI             |
						 --from a /. post

++
``That Ariel Sharon. Boy, he sure is controversial.
  Most Western countries would have to have a military coup
  before they enjoyed a leader of that caliber.'' (Sydney Webb)