[rt-users] Q: mailloops w/ rt-2.0.13

Phil Homewood pdh at snapgear.com
Tue Aug 6 23:17:05 EDT 2002

Chris J. Mutter wrote:
> > > The bounce-detection should take care of this. Can you ensure
> > > that the X-RT-Loop-Prevention header is present and correct in
>
> jup. the header is present and correct.

OK. You have a bug. (I assume you checked the email as received
by RT, not as sent?)

> i think the problem is somewhere with the ``notify_all_watchers'' function
> of rt2 ... (as far as i know a requestor is also a watcher - but there
> should be a check within rt2 to prevent a loop here, or?)

Well, as a kind of workaround, you could grab Bruce's AutoReplySquelch
ScripAction from the contrib area and use it in place of Autoreply;
but that's just hiding the bug. We really need to know why RT is
sending out email in response to an email containing a correct
X-RT-Loop-Prevention header.

Can you grab the full headers from the message as seen by RT, and
run them through "cat -e"? (Someone recently reported extraneous
spaces at the end of header fields; this could cause your problem.
See http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-devel/2002-July/002482.html
for a patch, but once again, this is a kluge, we really should work
out what's putting spaces there -- if this /is/ your problem.

Jesse: Is it worth adding Gavin's one line patch (URL above) to
the core as a kind of "safety net" while this issue is causing
problems?
--
Phil Homewood, Systems Janitor, www.snapgear.com
pdh at snapgear.com Ph: +61 7 3435 2810 Fx: +61 7 3891 3630