[rt-users] having trouble logging into RT system

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Wed Aug 7 14:29:16 EDT 2002

On Wed, 7 Aug 2002, Crazy Diamond wrote:

> Who is the default user/administrator for the RT system? I think i might
> have screwed something up when i didn't initially provide a password for
> rt_user during the makefile install.  And is there any way to fix it by
> manually adding a new user to the database?

The 'rt_user' is the username that RT presents to your SQL server.  If you
did not set a password for rt_user, be sure to have a blank string ('') in
config.pm's mention of '$DatabasePassword'.

In RT itself, users and passwords are completely seperate to any other
usernames and passwords that you may have, and also different from SQL
usernames and password.  By default, there is one useful user created,
being 'root' with a password of 'password'.

Once you've logged into RT using this, you can add other RT users.

> Also, does anyone have a demo of RT up that people can take a look at? I
> actually want to see if installing this pain in the arse is actually
> worth it :) (looks real nice in the screenshots though) --

http://www.fsck.com/rt2/ with a username and password of 'guest'.

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B             Operations/Security