[rt-users] 20-40% failure of mod_perl dynamically loaded

Jim Archer jim at archer.net
Thu Aug 8 14:24:01 EDT 2002

Hello All...

We're planning an RT installation for our new server, which should be here
in a week.  Anyhow, we noticed that the manual says:

"As previously noted, loading mod_perl dynamically (DSO) does not work with
RT2 approximately 20-40% of the time. This includes the default Apache +
mod_perl installation under Mac OSX."

We are planning to run it on Apache and Debian Linux.  We're wondering if
this is still an issue and if so, can someone describe the nature of this
failure?  Does this mean it fails to start about 40% of the time, but if it
does start it runs, or that 40% of the CGI calls fail?

Any info on this would be appreciated.  Does anyone know of a workaround
that keeps mod_perl dynamically loaded?  We might take a stab at fixing it,
since we want to keep Apache under package management.

Thanks.

Jim