[rt-users] Speed Issues?

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Tue Aug 13 08:12:44 EDT 2002

On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, Mike Barrett wrote:

> Whenever someone goes to look at a specific ticket however, it seems to take
> on average about 1-4 seconds for the page to be displayed.  During this time
> I notice that my CPU usage goes to 100%.

First access of the day it took a slow count to 6.  CPU jumped on httpd to
about 40%, PostgreSQL made about 10%.  (I was running to with a 1 second
refresh so it slipped right through be fore I could really notice it.)

> I'm wondering if postgres is the culprit here, but thats just a guess.  Has
> anyone used RT with the latest postgres?

Yup.  7.2.1-4 from Redhat RPMs.

AMD K6 3D, 128 MByte RAM, IDE hard drive.  Machine is also used as name
server for about 4000 customers.

Rod