[rt-users] I want receive an email when I do the the action

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Thu Aug 15 18:56:20 EDT 2002

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, Phil Homewood wrote:

> Bruce Campbell wrote:
> > > How could I change this, (I want to store the Mails also) so that the user
> > > that did the action also receive an email.
> > > (I use RT 2.0.13)
> >
> > I use my own SendEmail.pm which ignores this restriction;
>
> Hmm? The restriction isn't in SendEmail, it's in Notify.pm.
>
> Comment out these three lines:
>
>     @{ $self->{'To'} }  = grep ( !/^$creator$/, @To );
>     @{ $self->{'Cc'} }  = grep ( !/^$creator$/, @Cc );
>     @{ $self->{'Bcc'} } = grep ( !/^$creator$/, @Bcc );
>
> and it shouldn't treat the creator specially.

Of course, I really meant BC_Notify.pm from the same directory, which uses
a variable $RT::SendBackToOriginator to control the behaviour ;)

( now thats embarrassing )

The other way to get around it (which we now use) is to create a user
matching the expand address of your adminccs and have this as the only
watcher address on the queue, which also nicely means that for an admincc
to go on holidays, RT doesn't need to be told in order to not send mail to
it.

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B             Operations/Security