[rt-users] Merging users?

Lynoure Rajamäki lynoure at otaverkko.fi
Tue Dec 3 01:36:08 EST 2002

On Tue, 2002-12-03 at 00:35, Sebastian Flothow wrote:
> > Is there a way for merging the auto-created user
> > hank.helpdesker at helpdeskers.com with the 'real' hank?
>
> Maybe the address canonicalization (in the config file) does the trick?

I guess hank was a bad example. The typical pair of addresses used is
nickname at domain and firstname.lastname at domain, so if I understood right,
canonicalization would do the trick only if I'd know which addresses
will and should be used and hardcode those into config.pm. I can think
of no regular expression that would do the job and anyway,
canonicalization probably doesn't help at the point where you have
multiple users of one person already.

--
Lynoure Rajamäki
lynoure at otaverkko.fi