[rt-users] LDAP Auth, Part Three

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Mon Dec 9 04:53:59 EST 2002

Am Freitag, 06.12.02 um 14:40 Uhr schrieb Ray Thompson:

> I believe the reason RT has it's own user database is for historical
> and for referential purposes.  An external database might allow users
> to be deleted and RT wouldn't know who owns/changed tickets.
>
> Check out
> http://lists.fsck.com/pipermail/rt-users/2002-November/010910.html
> for a way to have RT canonicalize the auto created uid.  Use this only
> if your external auth util prevents duplicate uid's.  Also note that
> the changes indicated in the mentioned post need to be made more than
> once in config.pm.

The available LDAP-aware LookupExternalUserInfo sets
$Name=$EmailAddress in different places. With RT in 'debug' mode, it's
easy to find out if You changed enough of LookupExternalUserInfo to get
things going.
Our crude hack for using the LDAP uid for authentication is attached
below.

Regards,
     Harald