[rt-users] [SOT] Accepting mail _only_ from a domain.

Vivek Khera khera at kcilink.com
Tue Dec 10 09:39:08 EST 2002

RAA> This is _Slightly Off Topic_ but applies to my rt system.  Some slime
RAA> bucket has discovered the support e-mail address.  I'd rather not run
RAA> Spamassasin on this system and actually only want mail coming from one
RAA> domain.  Is this possible via rt-mailgate or should I hunt up a
RAA> sendmail/procmail solution?

Just wait until your support email makes its way on to bunches of CDs,
and gets shared by the career spammers.  Our abuse@ and privacy@
addresses are *very* popular.  Unfortunately, we can't filter on spam
for them because that's how people report abuses of our systems, and
it would be bad form to reject those...

We just kill the tickets, and run a purge every so often of "dead"
tickets from the database.

But if you want to limit mail to your support address, review the
restrictions you can impose on it from your mail system, before it
gets to rt-mailgate.  It is best done with the tools designed for the
job.