[rt-users] Is it time to split rt-users?

Rob Walker rob at myinternetplace.net
Fri Dec 13 17:10:21 EST 2002

On Fri, 2002-12-13 at 13:11, Stanislav Sinyagin wrote:

> --- Jesse Vincent <jesse at bestpractical.com> wrote:
> >
> > Recently, a couple of folks have asked about the possibility of a new
> > list dedicated to ticketing policy and process. Basically, this new list
> > would deal with how RT is used for various things and not so much the
> > mechanics of making RT run.
>
> the idea might be helpful for someone who is not moving them all into one
> folder :)
> Then, you would probably need to prohibit crossposts. Which are quite frequent
> already with the two lists.
>
> And the more users you have, the more often you'll have to tell them
> that they actually write to the wrong list...

This is true, which is why I think that the list that I need to be
subscribed to is the "rt-admin" list.  It would be a list about how to
make RT work, and how to admin it.

The users which belong on rt-users are the management types who tell the
admin types how to make it look, where the queues should go, and how
they should feel, and whatnot.

ugh.

rob