[rt-users] rt-mailgate + setuid

Jean-Eric Cuendet jean-eric.cuendet at linkvest.com
Tue Dec 17 10:04:26 EST 2002

>You might be able to get your MTA to run rt-mailgate as the right user
>for you, so that you won't have to have it setuid.  We user exim to do
>that, and I can supply the relevent bits of conf files our exim expert
>came up with if anyone's interested.

I use postfix.
Any idea how to do that.

The internal are:
- postfix runs as postfix user
- The user running rt-mailgate must be in the group rt so it can read
config.pm
- Putting postfix in the ghroup rt is not IMHO not desirable. right?
- Then, only by setting rt-mailgate setgid RT let user postfix run the
mailgate.

Any other solution?
Does someone put postfix in the rt group?
-jec