[rt-users] Reassigning tickets

Kent Engström kent at unit.liu.se
Wed Dec 18 08:37:21 EST 2002

Lynoure Rajamäki <lynoure at otaverkko.fi> writes:
> Is there a way to reassign a ticket without stealing it to oneself
> first? Sometimes when somebody in the team is suddenly busy, there is
> need to give some of their un-opened tickets to somebody else. We use
> on OwnerChange to notify old owner about who the new owner is and if the
> reassigner takes the ticket before giving it to the real new owner, the
> old owner gets 'wrong' information.

You should be able to do this using the bulk update feature ("Update
all these tickets at once"). Use the "Make Owner" select list, and
make sure that the "Force Change" checkbox is checked.

Regards,
--
Kent Engström,		Linköping University Incident Response Team
kent at unit.liu.se  	abuse at liu.se
+46 13 28 1744		http://www.unit.liu.se/irt/

UNIT, Linköping University; SE-581 83  LINKÖPING; SWEDEN