[rt-users] SelfService/index.html and /Elements/Footer

Jarrod Smith jsmith at structbio.vanderbilt.edu
Wed Dec 18 12:45:03 EST 2002

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002, Jarrod Smith wrote:

> When a non-privileged user first hits $WebBaseURL (which is also
> DocumentRoot at our site) and authenticates themselves to Apache,
> /Elements/Footer does not get added to the end of the resulting page.
> The missing Footer causes all kinds of problems for some of the browsers
> we have deployed here.

<snip>

> Looking in /WebRT/html/autohandler, I think these are the relevant lines,
> but to be honest I am not fluent in Mason so don't completely understand
> what this does:
>
> if ( (defined $session{'CurrentUser'}) and
>      ( $session{'CurrentUser'}->Id) ) {
>
>     # If the user isn\'t privileged, they can only see SelfService
>     if ((! $session{'CurrentUser'}->Privileged) and
>         ($m->base_comp->path !~ '^/+SelfService/') ) {
>         $m->comp('/SelfService/index.html');
>         $m->abort();
>     }
>     else {
>         $m->call_next;
>     }
> }

Update:

Commenting out the line "$m->abort()" in autohandler causes
/Elements/Footer to be loaded for non-privileged users.  This is good.
However, I don't know what other unwanted effects this might have.  Can
someone explain what this bit of code in authohandler is doing?  For now I
have this line commented out but would like to have confirmation that this
is a safe/sane thing to do.

Thanks

Jarrod Smith