[rt-users] question about userid <-> email address

Michael Bielicki Michael.BLK at Freezone.co.uk
Fri Feb 1 08:46:54 EST 2002

Hiya,
I have a question that is hopefully easy ...
We are using RT for our customer support and admin department. Now,
since the tickets are all owned on creation by the email address from
where they are coming from, we have 3 problems:

1. How do we find the customer details if the email address differes
from his registered one in the customer database system we have ?

2. How does the customer refer to a ticket if his email address changes
? Problem is: email does not work and he has to use a different mailbox
for corespondece ?

3. Would it be possible to automatically add the customer id somehow to
the ticket ?

cheers
Michael