[rt-users] Problems getting going....

Jim Hickstein jxh at jxh.com
Fri Feb 1 19:38:37 EST 2002

I hit that one, too. I had to rebuild mod_perl to turn on the Tables API.

My notes:

[jxh at nd ~/build]$ cat HowIBuiltApache
#! /bin/sh
# jxh Thu Sep 13 22:49:13 PDT 2001
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --enable-module=so
--with-perl=/usr/bin/perl
make
#
#Later, CPAN appended mod-perl during the installation of Apache::Registry,
#and it rebuilt httpd.
#
# 2002-Jan-12 jxh
# Still later, Rt (which uses RT::Mason) complained about not finding
# Apache::Table.  A google search revealed that mod_perl must be built with:
#  perl Makefile.PL PERL_TABLE_API=1 (among other possibilities)
# to get the Table API to enable.  Did this, by hand, in
~/.cpan/build/mod-perl-1.26,
# after "make clean"; then did "make", all as root.
# Fails "make test".  Figure out why.

Hmm.  I evidently got it to work, but didn't update my notes. Shame on me.

--On Friday, February 01, 2002 10:57:35 PM +0000 Andy <andy at tecc.co.uk>