[rt-users] Force installing CPAN module - Version problem??

Rob Walker rob at myinternetplace.net
Fri Feb 8 17:53:07 EST 2002

On Friday 08 February 2002 12:35, Shannon Pedersen wrote:
> From: Rob Walker
>
> >That's cool.  I didn't know that you could do it on one line like that.  Do
> >CPAN like this:
>
> >perl -MCPAN -e shell
>
> >and then do the command you want to do from an interactive shell.  "install
> >Apache::Session" is a command I think that you will like to try.
>
> >Then you will have a ton of extra debugging information to send us.
>
> Okay, I did this, as "force install Apache::Session" and all seemed to go
> well, but it still isn't showing up as being installed when I run make
> testdeps.  Then I realized that CPAN was installing Apache::Session 1.54,
> and make testdeps is looking for Apache::Session 1.53.  Is this my problem??
> If so, can I just ignore the testdeps results and try the RT install?

I don't know for sure, hopefully someone with more rt experience than myself
will stop you before you shoot yourself in the head.  It certainly sounds
like the testdeps is not working right.

The first thing that I would look at is why you had to do the force of the
install.  Was it only because of the failed tests, or failed dependencies to
the module?

If you have 1.54 installed, and it is searching for 1.53, maybe someone on
this list could tell us exactly what rt needs the apache::session for, and
after your install, you could tell us whether that part of rt works or not.

ob